I got a bunch of emails asking about how I tie my SH Hendrickson emerger, so here goes.......
Sizes #12 and 14 - Dry fly hook.
1. Tie in a bunch of pheasant tail fibers for the tail and abdomen, as shown. Tie in copper wire rib.
2. Wrap pheasant tail fibers back to tail and then tie them down with copper wire. After securing pheasant tail, continue wrappping wire to front forming rib, and then tie off as shown.
3. Clip excess pheasant tail and wire. Coat about 1-2 inches of thread with sticky wax. Touch-dub medium Austrailian Oppossum to waxed thread as shown.
4. Wrap dubbed thread forward forming a thorax.
5. Tie in a speckled hen feather by the tip, fold the fibers as shown.
6. Wrap the hen hackle as a collar, as shown, and tie off head. Go fish!
Tie some up and fish them with confidence. Dead-drift them deep, swing them in traditional wet fly fashion, and when the trout start taking the adults off the top, dry it out and get out the Frog's Fanny - fish it dry. It works great for me, hope it does for you.